Hey guys!  As promised, here’s an in-depth look at how we replaced our halyard, and more importantly, figured out how to splice line!

We had a really tough time trying to put an eye splice in the low-stretch sta-set line.  We tried multiple kinds of fids and struggled and struggled!  Eventually we found the Splicing Wand, which was amazing helped us complete the splice!

After that, it was smooth sailing… we added couple of whips the the splice and at the end of the halyard.  Then it was time to raise the sail to mark the reef points, and add them on the line with some whips, and we were done!

Take a look!

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *